You do not have to attend the Rendezvous to enter the contests. As in past years, we’re having contests for:
- Short Story
- Short Screenplay
- Children’s Literature (ages 8-12)
- Young Adult Literature (ages 12-18)
- January 30, 2014: Early bird deadline (per postmark). Five dollars off any entry fee.
- February 22, 2014: Final deadline (per postmark). Judging will occur in March. You may opt to receive feedback from the judges. (See more on the application form.)
- March 31, 2014: Email notices are sent to semi-finalists.
- April 7, 2014: Email notices are sent to FINALISTS!
- May 3, 2014: Winners are announced at the Awards Banquet. (If you chose to receive judges’ feedback, it will be mailed to you the following week.)
- Fonts: 12 point, double-spaced
- Maximums: 3000 words for short stories, Young Adult, and Children’s; 10-pages for screenplays; two pages for poetry; 1500 words for non-fiction.
Include with each entry:
- Completed application form: 2014 Rendezvous Contest Form
- Title page (with title of work, your name, your contact information)
- Check to Idaho Writers Guild for appropriate amount
- Optionally, a self-addressed, stamped envelope for judge’s comments. No entries will be returned.
Contest Coordinator, PO Box 8862, Boise ID 83707
Questions? Email our contest coordinator Sherry at email@example.com